Thursday, December 6, 2007
Since 1971 the Dallas Cowboys have played in the venerable Texas Stadium in Irving, a suburb of Dallas. Although many Cowboys fans have become attached to the dome with a hole in the top, the stadium is clearly outdated. Construction has already begun on the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington and Jerry Jones, the Cowboys G.M. and owner has created an interactive web site to give fans a tour of the new stadium through 3d models and present possible sponsors with advertising options.
The writers strike over the last month or so has really put a damper on this seasons big shows. Lost, The Office, and other shows have had to put their current and upcoming seasons on hiatus until the strike can be resolved. I have heard rumors that this thing could last as long as a year and I wanted to get some more info on the stance of the writers and why they were striking. I visited the United Hollywood blog to get some answers to these questions. Conveniently the site has an FAQ page that proved to be extremely convenient.
Recently Mitt Romney addressed the media in college station. The topic of his speech was religion, primarily the fact that he is a Mormon. The media has likened Mitt's run for president as the first Mormon candidate in American history to that of the late JFK who was our fist Catholic president. But members of the republican party are concerned that the voters in Iowa are bias against a candidate for the church of latter day saints.Mr. Romney made the speech in an effort to stifle any fears of such reaction. Conservative bloggers responded well to the blog but I don't think he will wind up as the republican presidential candidate for 2008.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Business Administration Graduate Seeking Opportunities in The Technological or Operations Fields
I am interested in entry level management, operations, or marketing positions in the Austin or DFW metroplex.
Austin, TX -- December 4, 2007
St. Edward’s University Graduation: May 2008
Bachelor’s of Business Administration
Harte- Hanks CRM Services November 2006- January 2007
X-Box 360 Technical Support Agent
· As both a hardware and X-Box Live support agent, assisted customers resolve issues with the console itself, troubleshot connectivity and home networking issues, set up repairs and arranged service contracts and other services.
· Refined my problem resolution and soft skills while at the same time cross selling a number of products and accessories for the X-Box system.
St. Edward’s University Phonathon Fall 2005-Fall 2006
· Raised money for the St. Edward’s Fund which contributes to student scholarships, campus beatification, campus ministries, and athletic teams.
· Called thousands of alumni and parents, informed them of the nature of the St. Edwards Fund, and collected donations.
· Learned valuable public communication skills.
The Lead Dogs Database Marketing Group Summer 2006
Pre- Sales Representative
• Pprovided document management and imaging solutions for state and local government offices and insurance companies.
· Experienced the corporate environment in one of
· Gained valuable customer service and sales experience
Express Personnel Services Summer 2004
· Assembled worker insurances pamphlets for company
· Provided administrative support: made copies, moved boxes, organized files
· Worked for Lowe’s Home Improvement moving inventory and constructing displays.
· Worked as customer service representative for insurance company after assembling pamphlets.
Preston Hollow Presbyterian Special School 2002-2003
· Tutored children with learning disabilities
· Assisted teacher in grading work, copying, collating, and laminating
· Completed over 100 hours of volunteer work
I will be graduating from St. Edward's University with my Bachelors in Business Administration this upcoming spring and I wanted to create a press release to express my interests in a particular career field. I am a dedicated and knowledgeable with experience in sales, technical support, and business to business commerce. I am a quick learner and I have often been complimented on my ability to solve problems using a different perspective. I am looking for a opportunity that best fits my skills in either the entertainment, technology, or marketing sectors.